There are several hotels near the Grand Canyon South Rim, many of which are located within the park itself. Here are a few options:
- El Tovar Hotel: This historic hotel is located right on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and offers stunning views of the canyon. The hotel was built in 1905 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has a variety of rooms and suites available, as well as a restaurant and lounge.
- Bright Angel Lodge & Cabins: This hotel is also located on the South Rim and offers a variety of accommodations including historic cabins, standard rooms and suites. This lodge is a great place for those who prefer the rustic atmosphere, the building was built in 1935.
- Kachina Lodge: This modern hotel is located just outside the park, but still close to the South Rim. It offers comfortable rooms and suites with balcony or terrace, allowing you to enjoy the beautiful views of the area.
- Thunderbird Lodge: Another option outside the park, the Thunderbird Lodge is located in the city of Tusayan, which is just a few minutes from the park’s entrance. It has a range of rooms, also offers great views of the area, and has an indoor pool and spa for guests to enjoy.
- Yavapai Lodge: This is one of the largest accommodations in the park, Yavapai Lodge is located within the park and close to the visitor center. This is a great choice for those on a budget and they offer both standard rooms and cabins.
All of these hotels offer easy access to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and the many activities and sights it has to offer. It’s always best to book well in advance, as the park can be quite busy, especially during the peak summer months.