The Discovery Center at Murfree Spring is located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA. Murfreesboro is a city located in the central part of the state, about 34 miles southeast of Nashville. The center is situated on the edge of the city, surrounded by natural woodlands.
The population of Murfreesboro is around 136,372 people as of 2021. The city is the fastest-growing in Tennessee and the population is expected to continue to grow in the coming years.
The climate in Murfreesboro is humid subtropical, characterized by hot summers and mild winters. The average temperature ranges from around -2 to 32 degrees Celsius (28 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit) and the average annual rainfall is around 114 cm (45 inches). The summer months of June, July, and August are the hottest, with temperatures often reaching into the high 30s or low 40s degrees Celsius (around 100 degrees Fahrenheit). The winter months of December, January, and February are the coldest, with temperatures dropping to around freezing. The best time to visit the center is during the spring and fall months, when the weather is mild and the natural surroundings are at their most colorful.
The Discovery Center at Murfree Spring is a nature and science center located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA. The center offers a wide range of interactive exhibits and programs that allow visitors to learn about the natural world and the environment.
9 best things to do in Discovery Center at Murfree Spring
- Exhibits: The Discovery Center features a variety of interactive exhibits that cover topics such as wildlife, geology, and the history of the area. These exhibits are designed to be educational and fun for visitors of all ages.
- Nature Trail: The Discovery Center has a 1-mile nature trail that winds through the woods surrounding the center. Visitors can take a walk on the trail and see the diverse range of plants and animals that live in the area.
- Live Animal Exhibits: The center has a variety of live animal exhibits that showcase the native wildlife of the region, including snakes, turtles, and fish. Visitors can learn about the animals’ habits and habitats.
- Planetarium: The center also has a state-of-the-art planetarium that offers visitors the chance to learn about the stars and planets. The planetarium hosts regular shows and presentations on astronomy and space science.
- Nature Programs: The Discovery Center offers a variety of nature programs for visitors of all ages, including guided nature walks, bird watching, and animal encounters.
- Science Programs: The center also offers a variety of science programs for visitors of all ages, including experiments, demonstrations, and hands-on activities.
- Special events: The center host special events throughout the year, like animal encounters, guided hikes, and other activities that will help visitors discover more about nature.
- Gift Shop: The Discovery Center has a gift shop that sells a variety of items related to nature and science, including books, toys, and souvenirs.
- Picnic area: The center has a picnic area, visitors can bring their own food and enjoy a picnic while exploring the nature trail.
In conclusion, The Discovery Center at Murfree Spring is a great destination for families and nature lovers looking for a fun and educational experience. With a variety of interactive exhibits, nature trails, live animal exhibits, planetarium shows, and educational programs, there’s something for everyone at the center.