The cheapest way to get around Thailand is by using public transportation such as buses and trains. Here are the steps you can take to get around Thailand on a budget:
- Plan your route: Before leaving, plan your route and determine the best mode of transportation to get you to your destination. This can help you save money on transportation costs.
- Buy a Thai SIM card: To help you navigate around, it’s a good idea to buy a Thai SIM card for your phone. This will allow you to use Google Maps or other navigation apps to find the cheapest way to get around.
- Take local buses: Local buses are often the cheapest way to get around Thailand. They can take you to most places in the country and are often much cheaper than other forms of transportation.
- Take trains: Long-distance trains in Thailand are also a budget-friendly option. They are slower than buses but often more comfortable and offer a different perspective of the country.
- Use songthaews: Songthaews are pickup trucks with bench seats in the back that are converted into a sort of shared taxi. They are cheaper than tuk-tuks and can be found in many towns and cities across Thailand.
- Walk or bike: Whenever possible, walk or bike to your destination. This is the cheapest way to get around and also a great way to explore and experience the local culture.
It’s important to keep in mind that prices for transportation in Thailand can vary depending on the location, the distance, and the time of day. Always be sure to compare prices and take into account the comfort, safety and time of arrival to the destination when choosing the mode of transportation.