The Pattaya Floating Market is a popular tourist destination in Pattaya, Thailand. It features a variety of vendors selling traditional Thai goods, food, and souvenirs from boats on a man-made canal. Visitors can also take boat rides through the market, and enjoy cultural shows and performances. The market is open daily and is a great place to experience a unique aspect of Thai culture.
In addition to shopping and boat rides, the Pattaya Floating Market also features several traditional Thai-style buildings and structures that showcase the architecture and culture of the country. Visitors can also find a variety of Thai street food and traditional snacks at the market, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables. The market is designed to give visitors a taste of traditional Thai life and culture, and it is a popular spot for both locals and tourists alike.
The Pattaya Floating Market offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy, such as:
- Shopping: Visitors can shop for traditional Thai goods, souvenirs, and handicrafts from vendors on boats and on the market’s main walkway.
- Boat rides: Visitors can take a boat ride through the market’s man-made canal and see the vendors and buildings from a different perspective.
- Cultural shows: The market hosts traditional Thai cultural shows and performances, such as Thai dance and music performances, which visitors can watch and enjoy.
- Street food: Visitors can sample a variety of traditional Thai street food and snacks at the market, such as Pad Thai, mango sticky rice, and more.
- Photography: Visitors can take pictures of the traditional Thai-style buildings and the vendors on boats. It’s a great place to capture some unique images of Thai culture.
- Massage: Visitors can get a traditional Thai massage at one of the market’s many massage parlors.
- Elephant ride: Visitors can take an elephant ride around the market.
- Traditional Thai village: Visitors can see a traditional Thai village with houses on stilts and learn about the way of life of the Thai people in the past.