The Krabi Shell Cemetery is a unique attraction in the province of Krabi, Thailand that is known for its intricate and colorful shells that have been laid out in intricate patterns. Here are a few steps you can take to plan your visit:
- Research the location of the Krabi Shell Cemetery. It is located in the province of Krabi, in southern Thailand and you can find it nearby other tourist attractions like the Phra Nang Cave beach, or the Railay beach, etc.
- Decide on how you would like to get there. The Shell Cemetery is located about 20 minutes by long-tail boat from Ao Nang. You can also reach it by taking a longtail boat tour, or via the main road.
- Check the hours of operation and the best time to visit. The cemetery is open to visitors all year round, but the best time to visit is during low tide, when the shells are most visible and easy to see.
- Bring appropriate footwear and clothing. The ground can be rocky and uneven in the cemetery, so wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing.
- Be mindful of the Shell Cemetery and the environment. The shells that form the cemetery are collected from the surrounding beaches, and are a natural part of the environment. Visitors are asked to be mindful of the shells and not to damage them in any way, also keep in mind to be mindful of the tide and don’t go too close to the water’s edge.
- Take a lot of photos and enjoy the experience. The Shell Cemetery is a unique and interesting place to visit, and you’ll likely be able to take some beautiful photos of the shells.
- After the visit, you may want to consider visiting other nearby attractions such as the Phra Nang Cave Beach, the Railay beach, the Hat Noppharat Thara – Mu Koh Phi Phi National Park, or the Krabi Town.
- Remember to take lots of photos and enjoy the experience!
Note: Some Shell Cemetery may be closed due to preservation and/or maintenance, it’s best to check for the schedule before visiting.
To visit the Krabi Shell Cemetery, here is a step-by-step guide on how to get there:
- First, you will need to make your way to Krabi province in southern Thailand. You can do this by flying into Krabi International Airport, or by taking a bus or train to the nearby town of Krabi.
- From the town of Krabi, you can take a longtail boat from the Ao Nang Beach or Railay Beach, which is the most common way to reach the Shell Cemetery, or drive to the location if you have your own transportation.
- The boat trip usually takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on the location. Make sure to confirm with the operator the exact location and time of the trip.
- Once you arrive at the Shell Cemetery, you’ll be able to explore the area and take in the unique sights and sounds of the shells.
- Remember to be mindful of the Shell Cemetery and the environment while you visit, and try to minimize your impact as much as possible.
- After visiting the Shell Cemetery, you can continue your tour in the area, visiting other tourist attraction as mentioned before.
- Keep in mind to check the schedule and the tide time, some Shell Cemetery may be closed due to preservation and/or maintenance and to have a better visibility during low tide time.
- When your trip is finished, you can return to the town of Krabi or continue your journey.
The cost of visiting the Krabi Shell Cemetery will depend on a few factors such as mode of transportation you choose, how long you plan to stay, and whether or not you take a tour. Here are a few things to consider when budgeting for your trip:
- Transportation: If you choose to take a longtail boat to the Shell Cemetery, the cost for the boat ride will likely be around 300-500 THB ($9-15) per person. This can vary based on where you’re starting from and how long the trip is.
- Tour: If you choose to take a guided tour, the cost will depend on the tour operator you choose and the length of the tour. A typical tour could cost around 1000-1500 THB ($30-45) per person
- Entrance fee: Some Shell Cemetery may have an entrance fee, it could vary based on the location, on average it could be around 100-150 THB ($3-5) per person.
- Food and souvenirs: You can expect to pay around 100-200 THB ($3-6) for food and drinks at local restaurants and around 200-300 THB ($6-9) for souvenirs.
- Accommodation: If you are planning to spend the night in Krabi, you can expect to pay around 1000-3000 THB ($30-90) per night for a basic room, depending on the location and the season.
Keep in mind that these costs are approximate and can vary depending on the location, season and personal preference. It’s best to check for updated information and to budget accordingly.