The Krabi Emerald Pool is a beautiful natural swimming hole located in the Khao Phra Bang Khram Nature Reserve, near the town of Krabi, in southern Thailand. To visit the pool, you can follow these steps:
- Research the location: Learn about the location of the Krabi Emerald Pool and what to expect when you visit. This can include researching the best time to visit, what to bring, and what to expect in terms of crowds and weather.
- Make transportation arrangements: Arrange your transportation to the pool. If you are staying in Krabi town, you can take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus. If you are staying further away, you may need to rent a car or take a long-distance bus or train.
- Purchase your entrance ticket: Once you arrive at the entrance of the nature reserve, purchase your entrance ticket. The ticket costs around 200 THB/person as of 2021.
- Take a short hike: The Krabi Emerald Pool is about 1.2km from the entrance, you will need to take a short hike to reach the pool.
- Enjoy the Emerald Pool: Once you reach the pool, you can take a dip in the crystal clear water, relax on the surrounding rocks, and take in the natural beauty of the area.
- Return the way you came: After spending time at the pool, return the way you came, following the same path back to the entrance of the nature reserve.
It’s important to note that the pool is closed during the rainy season, usually between October to November.
Additionally, the pool’s water level varies depending on the time of the year, so be sure to check the current water level before visiting to make sure you will be able to swim in the pool.