- Research the hike: Before you begin, research the hike to the viewpoint at Phra Nang Beach. Look up the trail map, trail conditions, and the level of difficulty.
- Dress appropriately: Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes for hiking. Wear clothes that will keep you cool and protect you from the sun. Also, bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- Bring enough water and snacks: The hike can take a few hours, so make sure you bring enough water and snacks to keep you hydrated and fueled during the hike.
- Check the weather and trail conditions: Make sure the weather and trail conditions are favorable for hiking before you head out. Avoid hiking during extreme heat or in heavy rain.
- Begin the hike: Start the hike from the trailhead, following the trail markers and map. The hike starts at the base of the cliff and climbs steeply through the jungle. It’s a challenging hike, but the views are worth it.
- Reach the viewpoint: After a steep climb, you will reach the viewpoint at the top of the hill, offering stunning views of Phra Nang Beach, Railay Beach, and the surrounding islands.
- Take photos and enjoy the view: Take some photos to remember your journey and enjoy the beautiful panoramic views.
- Descend the trail: Once you’ve finished at the viewpoint, it’s time to descend the trail, be careful while going down, take your time and take breaks if you need to.
- Follow the trail markers and map: Make sure you follow the trail markers and map, so you don’t get lost.
- Return to the starting point: Once you’ve descended the trail, return to the starting point of the hike.
The cost of hiking to the viewpoint at Phra Nang Beach in Krabi is generally free, as there are no entry or parking fees for the trail. However, you may need to rent a longtail boat or pay for transportation to get to the trailhead. The cost of renting a longtail boat can range from 200-400 baht ($6-$13) per person.
It’s important to note that the viewpoint at Phra Nang Beach is not an official tourist spot, and its not well signposted, so you may need a guide to lead you to the trailhead, the cost of hiring a guide can range from 600-1000 baht($20-$30) depending on the tour provider.
It’s also important to be prepared for the hike and bring enough water and snacks, as well as proper shoes and clothing, to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.