Taking a cooking class in Krabi, Thailand can be a fun and delicious experience. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you plan and take a cooking class in Krabi:
- Research different cooking class options: There are many cooking schools and culinary institutes in Krabi that offer classes on traditional Thai cuisine. Look for classes that are well-reviewed and are taught by experienced chefs. Also, you can check with tour providers and hotels that offering cooking class in their packages.
- Decide on the type of class: Cooking classes in Krabi can vary in length and content. Some classes are half-day and others are full-day, and some classes focus on specific dishes or techniques. Decide on the type of class that best suits your interests and schedule.
- Make a reservation: Once you’ve found a class you’d like to take, make a reservation. Some cooking schools and hotels require pre-payment, and some may not. Make sure you understand their terms and conditions before you pay.
- Arrive on time: Plan to arrive at the cooking class location on time. Wear comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes, as cooking can be messy.
- Learn and Cook: The class will start with a demonstration from the chef on how to make the dishes, then you will have hands on the kitchen, cooking with the guidance of the chef or the instructors.
- Enjoy the food: After the dishes are prepared, you will have the chance to sit down and enjoy the food you’ve cooked with your classmates and chef.
The cost of cooking class in Krabi as mentioned earlier, can vary depending on the type of class and the length of the class, but generally you can expect to pay around 1000 to 1500 Thai Baht for a half-day class, and 2000 to 3500 Thai Baht for a full-day class.