To make Yum Pla Dook Foo, you will need the following ingredients:
- 250 grams of catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 long chili, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon of chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of sliced cabbage
For the seasoning, you will need:
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
To make the Yum Pla Dook Foo, follow these steps:
- In a medium bowl, mix together the rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and cold water until a smooth batter is formed.
- Cut the catfish fillets into bite-sized pieces, then coat them in the batter.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the battered catfish pieces and fry them until they are golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the catfish from the oil and drain on a paper towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the garlic, shallot, chili, cilantro, mint, scallions, peanuts, sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice.
- Add the fried catfish to the mixing bowl and toss to coat the fish in the dressing.
- Add the cabbage and toss everything together until well combined.
- Serve the Yum Pla Dook Foo immediately, garnished with additional chopped herbs and peanuts if desired. Enjoy!