Pad Krapow Moo Saap is a popular Thai dish made with fried basil and pork. Here is a recipe you can follow to make it at home:
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 small white onion
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, followed by the garlic and onion. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the ground pork to the pan and continue to stir fry for 5-7 minutes until it is fully cooked.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Add the basil leaves to the pan and continue to stir fry for an additional 1-2 minutes until they have wilted.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Pad Krapow Moo Saap over rice, garnished with additional fresh basil leaves if desired.