Kuaytiaw Reua, or Boat Noodles, is a popular Thai noodle dish made with a flavorful broth, noodles, and a variety of meats and vegetables. Here is a recipe you can follow to make it at home:
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 4 cups of cooked rice noodles
- Fresh cilantro and sliced red chili peppers for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, bring the beef broth, water, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, black pepper, and garlic to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until it is cooked through.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan and continue to stir fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until they have softened.
- Pour the broth into the pan and bring it to a boil. Add the bean sprouts and cooked noodles to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve the Kuaytiaw Reua in bowls, garnished with cilantro and sliced red chili peppers if desired.