Gaeng Keow Wan Gai, or Green Chicken Curry, is a classic Thai dish made with a flavorful and aromatic green curry paste, coconut milk, and chicken. Here is a recipe you can follow to make it at home:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 cup of fresh Thai basil leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, chicken broth, green curry paste, fish sauce, and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and stir fry for 5-7 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Add the bell pepper and onion to the pan and continue to stir fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until they have softened.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture into the pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the basil leaves and remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve the Gaeng Keow Wan Gai over rice, garnished with additional basil leaves if desired.