To go to Tajikistan, you will need to first book a flight to the capital city, Dushanbe. There are several airlines that offer flights to Dushanbe International Airport from various locations around the world, including Turkish Airlines, Aeroflot, and China Southern Airlines. From Dushanbe, you can travel to other parts of the country by car, train, or bus.
As for the top 20 popular tourist destinations in Tajikistan, here are a few examples:
- Dushanbe – the capital city of Tajikistan, known for its museums, parks, and bazaars
- Khujand – the second-largest city in Tajikistan, located in the northern part of the country
- Pamir Highway – a scenic mountain road that runs through the Pamir Mountains in eastern Tajikistan
- Iskanderkul – a beautiful lake in the Fann Mountains, popular for hiking and swimming
- Penjikent – an ancient city located in the Zarafshan Valley, known for its ruins and museums
- Hissar Fort – a historic fort located in the Hissar Valley, just outside of Dushanbe
- Vakhsh Valley – a fertile valley in southern Tajikistan, known for its cotton and rice fields
- Istaravshan – a city located in the western part of Tajikistan, known for its traditional handicrafts and bazaars
- Sarazm – an ancient village located in the Panjakent District, known for its ruins and cultural artifacts
- Kulob – a city located in the western part of Tajikistan, known for its museums and ancient fortresses
- Kalaikhum – a small village located in the western part of Tajikistan, known for its traditional crafts and textiles
- Hisor – a city located in the western part of Tajikistan, known for its fortresses and museums
There are many other popular tourist destinations in Tajikistan, including natural landmarks such as mountains, lakes, and valleys, as well as cultural and historical sites such as museums, temples, and fortresses.
As for transportation methods and activities, you can travel around Tajikistan by car, bus, or train, depending on your location and the distance you wish to travel. You can also hire a taxi or take a shared taxi (marshrutka) to travel between cities. There are many outdoor activities available in Tajikistan, including hiking, mountain climbing, and swimming in the lakes and rivers. You can also visit cultural and historical sites, try traditional food and handicrafts, and participate in local festivals and events.