A 10-day trip to the Solomon Islands can be planned with a limited budget by following these steps:
- Book flights to Honiara, the capital of the Solomon Islands, as early as possible to take advantage of lower prices. Round trip flights from Australia or New Zealand can cost around $1000 USD.
- Once in Honiara, take a bus or taxi to your accommodation. Budget accommodations can be found for around $20 USD per night.
- On the first day, explore Honiara by visiting the Central Market, the Honiara Botanical Gardens, and the Honiara War Memorial.
- On the second day, take a day trip to the historic town of Auki, located on the island of Malaita. This can be done by taking a bus or taxi, and the cost is around $20 USD.
- On the third day, take a boat trip to the nearby Marau Sound, where you can see traditional villages, go snorkeling, and spot various species of marine life. The cost for a day trip is around $50 USD.
- On the fourth day, take a flight to the island of Guadalcanal, where you can visit the World War II battlefields and the Bonegi War Memorial. Flights cost around $100 USD and you can hire a taxi around $30 USD.
- On the fifth day, take a day trip to the nearby island of Gizo, where you can go diving and snorkeling and see some of the best coral reefs in the Solomon Islands. The cost for a day trip is around $100 USD.
- On the sixth day, take a flight back to Honiara, and spend the day exploring the city and its surroundings.
- On the seventh day, take a day trip to the beautiful Russell Islands, where you can relax on the beach, go swimming and snorkeling, and see traditional villages. The cost for a day trip is around $50 USD.
- On the eighth day, take a flight back to Honiara, and spend the last two days exploring the city and its surroundings.
Overall the cost would be around $1500 USD – $2000 USD (depending on the cost of flight and accommodation)
Note: The prices are approximate, and may vary depending on factors such as time of year and availability of transportation and accommodations.