Papua New Guinea is a country located in the southwestern Pacific Ocean. If you want to travel to Papua New Guinea by yourself, there are a few ways you can do it:
- By plane: The main international airport in Papua New Guinea is Jacksons International Airport, located in the capital city of Port Moresby. You can fly to Papua New Guinea from several international airports around the world.
- By boat: There are also a few cruise lines that operate between Papua New Guinea and other countries in the Pacific region.
As for the top 10 destinations and best things to do in Papua New Guinea, here are a few suggestions:
- Visit the capital city of Port Moresby, which is home to several cultural and historical attractions, including the National Museum and Art Gallery.
- Take a trip to the Tari Basin, which is a beautiful region located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea and known for its beautiful landscapes and traditional villages.
- Go to the Sepik River, which is a beautiful river located in the north of the country and known for its traditional villages and cultural attractions.
- Head to the Kokoda Track, which is a famous hiking trail located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea.
- Take a boat tour of the Milne Bay, which is a beautiful bay located in the southeast of the country.
- Visit the Mount Wilhelm, which is the highest mountain in Papua New Guinea.
- Go to the Bismarck Sea, which is a beautiful sea located in the north of the country.
- Take a trip to the Trobriand Islands, which are a group of beautiful islands located in the Milne Bay region.
- Head to the Madang Province, which is a beautiful province located on the north coast of the country and known for its stunning landscapes and cultural attractions.
- Visit the Mount Hagen, which is a beautiful mountain located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea.