To travel to Norway by yourself, you’ll need to book a flight to one of the main airports in the country. The main airports in Norway are located in Oslo, the capital and largest city of Norway, and Bergen, a city located on the west coast of Norway. From there, you can take a taxi or public transportation to your final destination. There are many resorts and hotels in Norway that can help you plan your trip and arrange transportation.
As for things to do in Norway, here are 18 destinations and activities to consider:
- Visit the capital city, Oslo, and explore its markets, temples, and museums.
- Take a day trip to the nearby Holmenkollen Ski Jump, a popular tourist destination with beautiful views of the city.
- Go scuba diving in the crystal clear waters of the Norwegian Sea.
- Hike to the top of Galdhøpiggen, the highest peak in Norway.
- Visit the Oslo City Hall, a well-preserved building known for its stunning architecture.
- Go snorkeling in the crystal clear waters of the island of Hvaler.
- Take a boat ride through the fjords of the Geirangerfjord, a beautiful fjord known for its stunning views.
- Explore the cultural villages of Norway and learn about traditional Norwegian life.
- Visit the Norwegian National Gallery, a museum with a collection of Norway’s finest art.
- Go surfing at one of the many world-class surf breaks in Norway.
- Take a cultural tour of a Norwegian village and learn about traditional Norwegian life.
- Go horseback riding through the scenic hills of Norway.
- Visit the Vigeland Sculpture Park, a beautiful park with over 200 sculptures by Gustav Vigeland.
- Go fishing in the waters surrounding Norway, known for their abundance of cod, haddock, and other game fish.
- Take a boat ride to the island of Svalbard and visit the Svalbard Town, a beautiful town known for its stunning views and rich wildlife.
- Go on a birdwatching tour and see some of the unique and colorful bird species found in Norway.
- Visit the Norwegian Museum of Science and Technology, a museum with a collection of historic and modern scientific instruments.
- Go snorkeling in the crystal clear waters of the island of Røst.