There are several ways to get to Nicaragua. Here are some options:
- By air: The main airport in Nicaragua is the Augusto C. Sandino International Airport, located in the capital city of Managua. There are several airlines that operate flights to Nicaragua from various cities around the world.
- By land: You can also reach Nicaragua by land through one of the border crossings with Honduras or Costa Rica.
Here are 10 popular tourist attractions in Nicaragua:
- Masaya Volcano National Park
- Isla de Ometepe
- San Juan del Sur
- Mombacho Volcano National Reserve
- The Corn Islands
- Poás Volcano National Park
- Apoyo Lagoon Natural Reserve
- Miraflor Natural Reserve
Other important information that tourists should know:
- The official language of Nicaragua is Spanish.
- The currency in Nicaragua is the Nicaraguan cordoba (NIO).
- The electricity in Nicaragua is 110V, 60Hz.
- It is recommended to use bottled water for drinking and brushing teeth.
- The country has a tropical climate with high humidity and temperatures averaging around 27°C (81°F). The rainy season is typically from May to October.
- It is a good idea to take precautions to protect yourself from mosquito bites, as there is a risk of contracting diseases such as Zika and dengue fever.
- Nicaragua has a relatively high crime rate, especially in the larger cities. It is important to be vigilant and avoid traveling alone, especially at night.