There are a few steps you should follow if you want to move to the Netherlands permanently:
- Research: You should research the Dutch way of life, including the cost of living, housing market, job market, and culture to make sure that the Netherlands is the right place for you. You should also learn about the Dutch language and try to learn as much as possible before you move.
- Get a visa: If you are not a citizen of an EU or EEA country, you will need to apply for a visa to move to the Netherlands. You can apply for a residence permit, which will allow you to stay in the Netherlands for more than three months.
- Find a place to live: You will need to find a place to live in the Netherlands. This can be a challenge, as the housing market is competitive and prices are high. You may want to consider renting a room in a shared apartment or house, or finding a sublet until you can find a more permanent place.
- Find a job: You will need to find a job in the Netherlands to support yourself. The job market is competitive, so it may take some time to find a job. You should consider networking and using job search websites to find job openings.
- Learn Dutch: Learning Dutch will not only help you integrate into Dutch society, but it will also make it easier to find a job. There are many language schools in the Netherlands that can help you learn Dutch.
- High standard of living: The Netherlands has a high standard of living and is ranked as one of the happiest countries in the world.
- Diverse culture: The Netherlands is a diverse country with a rich culture and history.
- Excellent transportation: The Netherlands has an excellent transportation system, including trains, buses, and bikes, which makes it easy to get around.
- High cost of living: The Netherlands has a high cost of living, especially in terms of housing.
- Competitive job market: The job market in the Netherlands can be competitive, especially for non-EU citizens.
- Cold weather: The Netherlands has a temperate maritime climate, which means that it can be cold and rainy for much of the year.