Moldova is a small Eastern European country located between Romania and Ukraine. It is known for its beautiful countryside, rich cultural history, and affordable cost of living. If you are considering moving to Moldova permanently, there are a few things you should know.
- Affordable cost of living: Moldova has a lower cost of living compared to many other European countries. Rent, food, and other necessities are relatively inexpensive.
- Beautiful countryside: Moldova has a diverse landscape, ranging from rolling hills and forests to vineyards and orchards. The country is known for its beautiful countryside and is a great place for nature lovers.
- Rich cultural history: Moldova has a rich cultural history, with influences from Romania, Russia, and other Eastern European countries. There are many museums, churches, and other cultural landmarks to explore.
- Good location: Moldova is located in the heart of Eastern Europe, making it a convenient location for traveling to other countries in the region.
- Limited job opportunities: Moldova has a relatively small economy, which can limit job opportunities for expats. It may be difficult to find work, especially if you do not speak Romanian or Russian.
- Poor infrastructure: Moldova has poor infrastructure in some areas, which can make it difficult to get around. Public transportation can be unreliable, and the roads and buildings in some parts of the country are in disrepair.
- Limited healthcare: Moldova has a limited healthcare system, and it may be difficult to find quality medical care in some parts of the country.
If you are considering moving to Moldova permanently, it is important to research the country thoroughly and make sure it is the right fit for you. You should also consider obtaining a visa and researching the process for obtaining permanent residency.