Zihuatanejo is a port city located in the Mexican state of Guerrero, on the Pacific coast. The city is situated on a bay of the same name and is known for its beautiful beaches, clear blue waters, and charming atmosphere. The city is located about 240 km northwest of Acapulco.
The population of Zihuatanejo is approximately 80,000 people, and it is a popular tourist destination for both Mexican and international visitors.
The climate in Zihuatanejo is tropical, with temperatures averaging around 27 degrees Celsius during the day and 20 degrees Celsius at night. The area experiences two distinct seasons: a rainy season from June to October and a dry season from November to May. The rainy season brings heavy rainfall and thunderstorms, while the dry season is characterized by clear skies and high temperatures.
Overall, the climate in Zihuatanejo is warm and humid, making it an ideal destination for those looking to escape the cold and enjoy some sunshine. The water temperature is warm all year round, making it perfect for swimming and water activities.
Zihuatanejo is a picturesque coastal town located in the Mexican state of Guerrero, on the Pacific coast. The town is known for its beautiful beaches, clear blue waters, and charming atmosphere. Here are some of the top things to do in Zihuatanejo:
8 best things to do in zihuatanejo
- Visit Playa La Ropa – This is one of the most popular beaches in Zihuatanejo and is known for its fine white sand and clear blue waters. The beach is also home to several beach clubs and restaurants, making it a great place to spend a day relaxing and soaking up the sun.
- Explore the Zihuatanejo Bay – The bay is a popular spot for swimming, snorkeling, and fishing. Visitors can also take a boat tour to see the local marine life and explore the nearby islands.
- Visit the Zihuatanejo Artisan Market – The market is a great place to pick up souvenirs and handmade crafts, including pottery, textiles, and jewelry.
- Take a Boat Tour to Isla Grande – Isla Grande is a small island located just off the coast of Zihuatanejo. Visitors can take a boat tour to the island and enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and exploring the island’s beautiful beaches.
- Visit the Zihuatanejo Museum – The museum is located in the center of town and offers a glimpse into the history and culture of the area. The exhibits include traditional clothing, pottery, and other artifacts from the region.
- Visit the Zihuatanejo’s Fisherman’s Cooperative – Here you can see how locals catch and prepare the fish, it’s a great way to learn about the local traditions and culture. You can also buy fresh fish directly from the fisherman.
- Visit the El Faro lighthouse – This lighthouse is located on a hilltop and offers panoramic views of the city, the bay and the surrounding mountains.
- Visit the Las Gatas beach – This is a small beach located south of Zihuatanejo, it’s a perfect place for snorkeling, the beach is surrounded by crystal clear waters and a coral reef.
Overall, Zihuatanejo is a charming town that offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore the local culture, or take part in water activities, there’s something for everyone in Zihuatanejo.