Bacalar is a small town located in the state of Quintana Roo, Mexico. Known as the “Lake of Seven Colors” due to its crystal clear waters that change colors, Bacalar is a popular destination for those looking to escape the busy tourist towns and enjoy a more laid-back atmosphere. Here are some of the best things to do in Bacalar:
- Visit the Bacalar Lagoon: The Bacalar Lagoon is the main attraction in Bacalar. Visitors can take a boat tour to see the different colors of the lake and admire the natural beauty of the area. Visitors can also swim, snorkel, and kayak in the lake.
- Visit the Fuerte de San Felipe: The Fuerte de San Felipe is an ancient fort built by the Spanish in the 18th century. Visitors can take a tour of the fort and learn about the history of Bacalar.
- Visit the Cenote Azul: The Cenote Azul is a natural swimming hole located near Bacalar. Visitors can swim and snorkel in the cenote and admire the crystal clear waters.
- Visit the Laguna Bacalar Eco Park: The Laguna Bacalar Eco Park is a nature reserve located near Bacalar. Visitors can take a tour of the park and see the different species of birds and animals that live there.
- Visit the Pueblo Magico: The Pueblo Magico is a traditional Mexican village located near Bacalar. Visitors can explore the village and see the traditional houses and shops.
- Visit the Laguna Bacalar Parachute Jump: The Laguna Bacalar Parachute Jump is a popular activity for adventure seekers. Visitors can take a parachute jump and enjoy the views of the Bacalar Lagoon.
- Visit the Bacalar Marina: The Bacalar Marina is a popular destination for boating and fishing. Visitors can rent a boat or take a fishing tour and explore the Bacalar Lagoon.
- Visit the Laguna Bacalar Botanical Garden: The Laguna Bacalar Botanical Garden is a beautiful garden filled with tropical plants and trees. Visitors can take a walk through the garden and see the different species of plants.
- Visit the Bacalar Market: The Bacalar Market is a popular place to buy local products such as handmade crafts, textiles, and foods. Visitors can also find traditional Mexican souvenirs.
- Visit the Laguna Bacalar Night Market: The Laguna Bacalar Night Market is a popular destination for foodies. Visitors can try local street food such as tacos, tamales, and traditional sweets.
In conclusion, Bacalar is a town located in the state of Quintana Roo, Mexico known for its crystal clear waters that change colors. Visitors can explore the Bacalar Lagoon, Fuerte de San Felipe, Cenote Azul, Laguna Bacalar Eco Park, Pueblo Magico, Laguna Bacalar Parachute Jump, Bacalar Marina, Laguna Bacalar Botanical Garden, Bacalar Market, Laguna Bacalar Night Market. The town is a great destination for visitors looking to escape the busy tourist towns and enjoy a more laid-back atmosphere. Bacalar is a perfect place to enjoy the natural beauty, culture and adventure activities.