Exploring the Hidden Gems of Japan while Traveling is a great way to experience the country’s unique culture and rich history. Some of the must-see hidden gems in Japan include:
- Shirakawa-go: a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its traditional thatched-roof houses
- Tottori Sand Dunes: a natural wonder located in Tottori Prefecture, offering a unique desert-like landscape
- Kinosaki Onsen: a traditional hot spring town in Hyogo Prefecture, known for its onsen (hot springs) and traditional ryokan (inns)
- Yakushima: an island located off the coast of Kyushu, known for its ancient cedar forests and outdoor activities such as hiking and camping
- Oita Prefecture: famous for its many hot spring resorts and traditional Japanese bathhouses
- The Setouchi Inland Sea: a beautiful stretch of water in western Japan that is home to many small islands and towns, such as Shodoshima and Takamatsu
- Matsuyama Castle: a historic castle located in Matsuyama city in Shikoku island, with beautiful views over the city.
- Okunoshima Island: a small island located in Hiroshima Prefecture, known for its large population of wild rabbits and remnants of its past as a chemical weapons factory during WWII.
- Gokayama: a village located in Toyama Prefecture, known for its traditional gassho-zukuri houses, which feature steep thatched roofs designed to withstand heavy snowfall.
- Aizuwakamatsu: a city located in Fukushima Prefecture, known for its rich samurai history and beautiful castle ruins.
These hidden gems offer a unique and authentic experience of Japan that many tourists may not know about. Visitors can discover the lesser-known side of Japan and find interesting cultures, hidden places, and unique experiences.