There are several ways to get to Jamaica. Here are some options:
- By air: Jamaica can be easily accessed by air through its two major airports: the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston and the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. There are several airlines that operate flights to Jamaica from various cities around the world.
- By sea: You can also reach Jamaica by sea by taking a cruise ship to one of the island’s ports. The main cruise ship ports in Jamaica are Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, and Falmouth.
Here are 10 popular tourist attractions in Jamaica:
- Dunn’s River Falls
- Blue Lagoon
- Seven Mile Beach
- Negril Beach
- Bob Marley Museum
- Rose Hall Great House
- Treasure Beach
- Black River Safari
- YS Falls
- Port Antonio
Other important information that tourists should know:
- The official language of Jamaica is English, but many locals also speak Patois, a creole language.
- The currency in Jamaica is the Jamaican dollar (JMD), but US dollars are also widely accepted.
- The electricity in Jamaica is 110-120V, 60Hz.
- It is recommended to use bottled water for drinking and brushing teeth.
- The country has a tropical climate with high humidity and temperatures averaging around 30°C (86°F). The rainy season is typically from May to November, but it can rain at any time.
- It is a good idea to take precautions to protect yourself from mosquito bites, as there is a risk of contracting diseases such as Zika and dengue fever.
- Jamaica has a high crime rate, especially in Kingston, so it is important to be vigilant and avoid traveling alone, especially at night.