How to Make Homemade Cheesecake
Cheesecake is a creamy and delicious dessert that is loved by many. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, making a cheesecake at home can be a fun and rewarding experience. In this article, we’ll show you how to make a classic homemade cheesecake step by step. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Step 1: Make the Crust
- Step 2: Make the Filling
- Step 3: Bake the Cheesecake
- Step 4: Chill the Cheesecake
- Step 5: Serve the Cheesecake
- Tips for Making the Best Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 9-inch springform pan
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Aluminum foil
Step 1: Make the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Step 2: Make the Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and heavy cream until well combined.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust, smoothing the top with a spatula.
Step 3: Bake the Cheesecake
- Wrap the bottom and sides of the springform pan with aluminum foil to prevent leaks.
- Place the pan in a large, shallow baking dish and add enough hot water to the dish to reach about halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for 45-50 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is still slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool inside for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the water bath and let it cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
Step 4: Chill the Cheesecake
- Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Step 5: Serve the Cheesecake
- Remove the sides of the springform pan and transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate.
- Serve the cheesecake chilled, topped with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or your favorite toppings.
Tips for Making the Best Cheesecake
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before you start making the filling. This will help ensure a smooth and creamy filling.
- Don’t overmix the filling, as this can cause cracks to form on the top of the cheesecake as it bakes.
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bath to help prevent it from over-browning and cracking.
- Let the cheesecake cool to room temperature before refrigerating to prevent condensation from forming on the top.
With these simple steps, you’ll be able to make a delicious homemade cheesecake in no time! Give it a try and enjoy the creamy and satisfying taste of this classic dessert. Happy baking!