There are several ways to get to Guyana:
- By plane: Guyana has one international airport, the Cheddi Jagan International Airport in the capital city of Georgetown. There are several airlines that offer flights to Guyana from major cities in the United States, Europe, and Latin America.
- By boat: You can also reach Guyana by boat from neighboring countries such as Suriname and Brazil.
- By bus: There are also long-distance bus services available from Suriname and Brazil.
10 popular tourist attractions in Guyana include:
- Kaieteur Falls: This stunning waterfall is located in the interior of the country and is the highest single-drop waterfall in the world.
- Georgetown: The capital city of Guyana is known for its vibrant culture and history, as well as its beautiful architecture and colorful streets.
- Iwokrama Forest: This vast rainforest is home to a wide variety of plant and animal species and is a popular destination for eco-tourism.
- Shell Beach: Located on the coast of Guyana, this beach is home to a large number of sea turtle nesting sites and is a popular destination for wildlife watching.
- Guyana National Museum: Located in Georgetown, this museum is home to a number of interesting exhibits on the history and culture of Guyana.
- Rupununi Savannas: These vast grasslands are home to a number of indigenous communities and offer a unique look into the culture and way of life of these people.
- St. George’s Cathedral: This beautiful cathedral, located in Georgetown, is known for its Gothic architecture and rich history.
- Orinduik Falls: These stunning falls are located on the border between Guyana and Brazil and offer a breathtaking view of the surrounding landscape.
- Stabroek Market: Located in Georgetown, this vibrant market is a popular destination for tourists and is known for its colorful stalls and lively atmosphere.
- Surama Village: Located in the interior of the country, this indigenous village is a popular destination for visitors interested in learning about the culture and way of life of Guyana’s indigenous communities.
Other important information that tourists should know:
- It is recommended that tourists purchase travel insurance before coming to Guyana.
- It is important to be aware of local customs and traditions and to respect the culture of Guyana.
- It is advisable to be cautious when traveling to certain areas of the country, as crime and violence can be a problem in some areas.
- It is important to stay hydrated and to use insect repellent to protect against mosquito-borne illnesses such as malaria and dengue fever.
- It is recommended that tourists carry cash in small denominations, as credit card acceptance can be limited in some areas.
- It is important to be aware of local laws and regulations and to follow them while in Guyana.