There are several ways to get to Dominica. Here are some options:
- By air: The main airport in Dominica is the Melville Hall Airport, located in the northeastern part of the island. There are several airlines that operate flights to Dominica from various cities around the world.
- By sea: You can also reach Dominica by taking a ferry from the neighboring islands of Guadeloupe, Martinique, or Saint Lucia.
Here are 10 popular tourist attractions in Dominica:
- Morne Trois Pitons National Park
- Boiling Lake
- Middleham Falls
- Trafalgar Falls
- Emerald Pool
- Sari Sari Waterfall
- Titou Gorge
- Indian River
Other important information that tourists should know:
- The official language of Dominica is English, but many locals also speak a Creole language called Kwéyòl.
- The currency in Dominica is the Eastern Caribbean dollar (XCD).
- The electricity in Dominica is 240V, 50Hz.
- It is recommended to use bottled water for drinking and brushing teeth.
- The country has a tropical climate with high humidity and temperatures averaging around 27°C (81°F). The rainy season is typically from June to November.
- It is a good idea to take precautions to protect yourself from mosquito bites, as there is a risk of contracting diseases such as Zika and dengue fever.
- Dominica has a relatively low crime rate, but it is still a good idea to be cautious and avoid traveling alone, especially at night.