Manuel Antonio is a small coastal town located in the Central Pacific region of Costa Rica. It is situated on the Pacific coast, about 135 km (84 miles) from the capital city of San José. The town is part of the Puntarenas Province and is within the municipality of Quepos.
According to the most recent data, the population of Manuel Antonio is around 12,000 people. The town is a popular destination for tourists, and the population can increase significantly during the peak tourist season.
The climate in Manuel Antonio is tropical, with high temperatures and high humidity year-round. The rainy season is from May to November and the dry season is from December to April. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 30 degrees Celsius (77 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit) and the average annual rainfall is around 2,500 mm (98 inches).
Manuel Antonio is a known vacation spot, it receives a lot of tourists all year around, with peak seasons being December to April, during this time prices might be a bit higher, but the weather is perfect.
Manuel Antonio is a small coastal town located in the Central Pacific region of Costa Rica. Known for its beautiful beaches, national park, and diverse wildlife, it is a popular destination for tourists looking for a mix of adventure and relaxation.
10 best things to do in manuel antonio
- Manuel Antonio National Park: The main attraction in Manuel Antonio is the national park of the same name. It is home to a variety of wildlife, including monkeys, sloths, iguanas, and over 350 species of birds. Visitors can hike through the park and enjoy the stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Beaches: Manuel Antonio is home to several beautiful beaches, including Manuel Antonio Beach, Espadilla Sur, and Playa Gemelas. These beaches offer great swimming, sunbathing, and snorkeling opportunities.
- Sport fishing: Manuel Antonio is known for its great sport fishing opportunities. Visitors can go on a fishing charter and catch marlin, sailfish, and other big game fish.
- Canopy Tour: For a thrill-seeking adventure, a canopy tour is a must-do activity in Manuel Antonio. Visitors can zip-line through the rainforest and enjoy the beautiful views of the park and the ocean.
- Kayaking: Manuel Antonio is also a great place for kayaking. Visitors can explore the mangrove swamps and see a variety of wildlife, including monkeys, iguanas, and birds.
- Surfing: Manuel Antonio is a popular spot for surfing, with several great breaks for both beginner and experienced surfers.
- Horseback Riding: Another great activity in Manuel Antonio is horseback riding. Visitors can explore the rainforest and the beaches on horseback and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Relaxation: Manuel Antonio also offers plenty of opportunities for relaxation. Visitors can enjoy a massage or yoga class, or simply relax on one of the beautiful beaches.
In conclusion, Manuel Antonio offers a wide range of activities for visitors of all ages and interests. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or a bit of both, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful coastal town.