Visitors to Cambodia are required to have a valid passport and a visa in order to enter the country. The visa requirements for Cambodia are as follows:
- Tourist visa: A tourist visa is valid for 30 days and can be obtained upon arrival at any international airport or land border crossing in Cambodia. It costs $30 for a single entry and $45 for a multiple entry.
- E-visa: Tourist can also apply for an e-visa online, which is valid for 30 days from the date of issue. It costs $35 for a single entry and $50 for a multiple entry.
- Business visa: A business visa is valid for 12 months and allows multiple entries into Cambodia. It requires an invitation letter from a Cambodian company and can be obtained from a Cambodian embassy or consulate.
- Visa Exemption: Some nationalities are eligible for visa-free travel to Cambodia for up to 30 days. This includes countries such as Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and some European countries.
- Visa extension: Tourist visa can be extended for an additional 30 days at the Department of Immigration in Phnom Penh or at immigration offices in Siem Reap, Battambang, Poipet, and Bavet. The cost for extending a tourist visa is $45 and it can be extended only once.
- Overstaying: Overstaying your visa will result in a fine of $5 per day, and you may be barred from re-entering the country.
- Traveling with children: Children under 18 years of age are required to have their own passport, and a parent or legal guardian must accompany them.
It’s important to note that the Cambodian immigration authorities reserve the right to deny entry to any individual without explanation. It’s always advisable to carry all necessary documents and to be prepared to show proof of onward travel or sufficient funds to support your stay in Cambodia.
Please keep in mind that these are the general guidelines and requirements for entering Cambodia, but it’s always best to check with the nearest Cambodian embassy or consulate or the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Cambodia for the most current and accurate information.