Bosnia and Herzegovina is a country located in southeastern Europe. It is bordered by Croatia to the north, west, and south, Serbia to the east, and Montenegro to the southeast. If you would like to visit Bosnia and Herzegovina by yourself, you will need to travel there by plane, car, or bus.
The best way to travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina depends on your location and your personal preferences. If you are located in Europe, you may be able to find direct flights to Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, from major cities such as London, Paris, and Frankfurt. If you are located outside of Europe, you may need to transfer flights in order to reach Sarajevo.
If you prefer to travel by car, you can drive to Bosnia and Herzegovina from neighboring countries such as Croatia, Serbia, and Montenegro. Just be sure to have all necessary documents, such as a valid driver’s license and insurance, before starting your journey.
If you prefer to travel by bus, you can find international bus services that operate between Bosnia and Herzegovina and other European countries.
Now, let’s move on to the top 20 destinations and best things to do in Bosnia and Herzegovina:
- Sarajevo: Visit the Old Town and explore the city’s rich cultural and historical heritage.
- Mostar: See the famous Stari Most (Old Bridge) and visit the Old Bazaar.
- Travnik: Explore the historic town of Travnik, which was once the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Banja Luka: Visit the city’s numerous parks and gardens, as well as the Banja Luka City Museum.
- Jajce: See the Pliva Waterfall and visit the Jajce Fortress.
- Bihac: Explore the city’s many parks and gardens, and visit the Bihac City Museum.
- Tuzla: Visit the Tuzla Salt Lake and the Tuzla City Museum.
- Zenica: See the Zenica City Museum and visit the St. John the Baptist Church.
- Mostar: Visit the Old Bazaar and see the famous Stari Most (Old Bridge).
- Konjic: Explore the Konjic Old Town and visit the Konjic City Museum.
- Visegrad: See the Visegrad Fortress and visit the Visegrad City Museum.
- Pocitelj: Explore the historic town of Pocitelj and visit the Pocitelj Fortress.
- Trebinje: Visit the Trebinje City Museum and see the Trebinje Old Town.
- Srebrenica: Visit the Srebrenica Genocide Memorial and see the Srebrenica Old Town.
- Gorazde: Explore the Gorazde Old Town and visit the Gorazde City Museum.
- Foca: Visit the Foca City Museum and see the Foca Old Town.
- Zvornik: Explore the Zvornik Old Town and visit the Zvornik City Museum.
- Brcko: Visit the Brcko City Museum and see the Brcko Old Town.
- Doboj: Explore the Doboj Old Town and visit the Doboj City Museum.
- Bijeljina: Visit the Bijeljina City Museum and see the Bijeljina Old Town.