There are several ways to get to Belize. Here are some options:
- By air: The main airport in Belize is the Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport, located in the city of Ladyville. There are several airlines that operate flights to Belize from various cities around the world.
- By land: You can also reach Belize by land through one of the border crossings with Mexico or Guatemala.
Here are 10 popular tourist attractions in Belize:
- The Belize Barrier Reef
- The Blue Hole
- Actun Tunichil Muknal
- Altun Ha
- Cahal Pech
- St. Herman’s Blue Hole National Park
- The Belize Zoo
Other important information that tourists should know:
- The official language of Belize is English, but many locals also speak Spanish, Creole, and Mayan languages.
- The currency in Belize is the Belize dollar (BZD).
- The electricity in Belize is 110V, 60Hz.
- It is recommended to use bottled water for drinking and brushing teeth.
- The country has a tropical climate with high humidity and temperatures averaging around 27°C (81°F). The rainy season is typically from June to November.
- It is a good idea to take precautions to protect yourself from mosquito bites, as there is a risk of contracting diseases such as Zika and dengue fever.
- Belize has a relatively low crime rate, but it is still a good idea to be cautious and avoid traveling alone, especially at night.