Belgium is a country located in Western Europe. It is bordered by the Netherlands to the north, Germany to the east, Luxembourg to the southeast, and France to the south. If you would like to visit Belgium by yourself, you will need to travel there by plane, car, or bus.
The best way to travel to Belgium depends on your location and your personal preferences. If you are located in Europe, you may be able to find direct flights to Brussels, the capital of Belgium, from major cities such as London, Paris, and Amsterdam. If you are located outside of Europe, you may need to transfer flights in order to reach Brussels.
If you prefer to travel by car, you can drive to Belgium from neighboring countries such as the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, and France. Just be sure to have all necessary documents, such as a valid driver’s license and insurance, before starting your journey.
If you prefer to travel by bus, you can find international bus services that operate between Belgium and other European countries.
Now, let’s move on to the top 20 destinations and best things to do in Belgium:
- Brussels: Visit the Atomium and the Manneken Pis statue, and explore the city’s many museums and galleries.
- Bruges: See the Bruges Old Town and visit the Groeningemuseum.
- Ghent: Explore the city’s Old Town and visit the Ghent Belfry.
- Antwerp: Visit the Antwerp Old Town and see the Antwerp Central Station.
- Liège: Explore the city’s Old Town and visit the Liège Cathedral.
- Namur: See the Namur Citadel and visit the Namur Museum of Fine Arts.
- Mechelen: Explore the city’s Old Town and visit the Mechelen Belfry.
- Leuven: Visit the Leuven Town Hall and see the Leuven Old Town.
- Charleroi: Explore the city’s Old Town and visit the Charleroi Museum of Photography.
- Spa: See the Spa-Francorchamps race track and visit the Spa Casino.
- Dinant: Explore the city’s Old Town and visit the Dinant Citadel.
- Tournai: Visit the Tournai Cathedral and see the Tournai Old Town.
- Ypres: Explore the city’s Old Town and visit the Ypres Cloth Hall.
- Mons: See the Mons Belfry and visit the Mons Museum of Fine Arts.
- Neufchâteau: Explore the city’s Old Town and visit the Neufchâteau Museum of Fine Arts.
- La Louvière: Visit the La Louvière Museum of Fine Arts and see the La Louvière Old Town.
- Sint-Truiden: Explore the city’s Old Town and visit the Sint-Truiden Basilica.
- Oostende: See the Oostende Old Town and visit the Oostende Casino.
- Genk: Explore the city’s Old Town and visit the Genk C-Mine.
- Lokeren: Visit the Lokeren Museum of Fine Arts and see the Lokeren Old Town.