The best area to stay in Antwerp, Belgium would likely be the city center, specifically around the Meir shopping street and the historic Groenplaats square. This area offers a mix of historical architecture, great shopping, and a variety of dining options. Additionally, many of the city’s top attractions, such as the Cathedral of Our Lady and the Rubenshuis museum, are located nearby.
10 best area to stay in antwerp belgium
- City Center – around the Meir shopping street and the historic Groenplaats square.
- Central Station – a major transportation hub with a variety of hotels and restaurants.
- Zuid district – trendy and bohemian area with trendy fashion boutiques and design shops, trendy bars and restaurants, and the famous Antwerp Zoo.
- Eilandje – a trendy and up-and-coming area with a picturesque harbor and views of the city.
- Het Zuid – trendy neighborhood known for its fashion boutiques, restaurants, and museums.
- Berchem – a residential area with a charming village atmosphere and easy access to public transportation.
- Borgerhout – a multicultural neighborhood with a variety of ethnic restaurants and shops.
- Antwerp South – a more suburban area with easy access to public transportation and a variety of parks and green spaces.
- Kiel – a residential area located near the river Scheldt with easy access to the city center.
- Linkeroever – a residential area located on the left bank of the river Scheldt, known for its peaceful atmosphere and greenery.
Additionally, the area around the Central Station is also a great place to stay in Antwerp. The station is a major transportation hub, making it easy to get around the city and to other destinations. The area around the station also has a variety of hotels, restaurants, and bars. The area is also within walking distance of the city center, providing easy access to all the sights and activities there.
Another area you can consider staying in is the trendy and bohemian Zuid district, home to the trendy fashion boutiques and design shops, trendy bars and restaurants, it’s also home to the famous Antwerp Zoo.
Ultimately, the best area for you to stay in Antwerp will depend on your specific interests and needs. If you want to be close to the main attractions, the city center is probably the best choice. If you prefer to stay near the station or enjoy more trendy and bohemian atmospheres, the Zuid district could be the best choice.
Another area to consider staying in is the trendy and up-and-coming Eilandje neighborhood, located just north of the city center. This area is known for its trendy bars and restaurants, as well as its picturesque harbor and views of the city. The MAS Museum is also located here, which is well worth a visit. Additionally, the Eilandje is home to the Red Star Line Museum, a must-see for visitors interested in the history of immigration to the Americas.
You can also consider staying in the trendy neighborhood of Het Zuid (South), home to the trendy fashion boutiques and design shops, trendy bars and restaurants, and a number of museums, including the Museum of Fine Arts and the Museum of Photography.
Antwerp is a compact city, so regardless of where you choose to stay, you will be able to walk or take public transportation to most of the city’s top attractions.