Brussels, the capital of Belgium, is a charming and historic city with a rich cultural heritage. Known for its beautiful architecture, delicious cuisine, and lively atmosphere, there is no shortage of things to see and do in Brussels. Here are some of the best things to do in the city:
- Visit the Grand Place: The Grand Place is the central square of Brussels and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visitors can admire the beautiful architecture of the guildhalls, the Town Hall, and the King’s House.
- Visit the Manneken Pis: The Manneken Pis is a small bronze statue of a little boy peeing, it is a symbol of Brussels and a popular tourist attraction. Visitors can take a picture with the statue and learn about its history.
- Visit the Atomium: The Atomium is a landmark building in Brussels, it was built for the 1958 World Fair. Visitors can take an elevator to the top for a panoramic view of the city.
- Visit the Royal Palace of Brussels: The Royal Palace of Brussels is the official palace of the King and Queen of Belgium. Visitors can take a tour of the palace and admire the beautiful architecture and art.
- Visit the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula: The Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula is a beautiful Gothic cathedral located in the city center. Visitors can take a tour and admire the stained glass windows and the impressive organ.
- Visit the Museum of Fine Arts: The Museum of Fine Arts is a great place to see works of art from the 15th to the 21st century. Visitors can explore the galleries and see works by famous Belgian and international artists.
- Visit the Museum of the City of Brussels: The Museum of the City of Brussels is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the city. Visitors can explore the galleries and see exhibits on everything from the city’s medieval past to its modern-day culture.
- Visit the Belgian Chocolate Village: The Belgian Chocolate Village is a unique attraction where visitors can learn about the history and production of Belgian chocolate and taste different varieties.
- Visit the Cantillon Brewery: The Cantillon Brewery is a traditional brewery that produces Lambic beer, a unique style of beer that is only produced in the Brussels region. Visitors can take a tour of the brewery and taste the beer.
- Visit the European Quarter: The European Quarter is the political heart of the European Union and a great place to learn about the functioning of the EU institutions. Visitors can take a tour of the European Parliament and the European Commission.
In conclusion, Brussels is a city that combines history, culture, and entertainment. From visiting the Grand Place and the Manneken Pis, to learning about the EU institutions, there is something for everyone in Brussels. Visitors can also enjoy the delicious Belgian cuisine and the lively atmosphere of the city.