To travel to Bangladesh, you will need to have a valid passport and a visa. You can obtain a visa online or at the Bangladesh embassy in your country. It is recommended to check with the embassy for the most up-to-date information on the visa application process and any other requirements or restrictions.
Once you have your travel documents in order, you can book a flight to Bangladesh. The main airport in the country is Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka, the capital city. From there, you can travel to other parts of the country by plane, train, or bus.
As for the top things to do in Bangladesh, here are 20 suggestions:
- Visit the Banares Hindu University in Dhaka, one of the largest universities in the world.
- Take a boat ride on the Buriganga River in Dhaka.
- Visit the Dhakeshwari Temple, a Hindu temple and national monument in Dhaka.
- Explore the ruins of the ancient city of Paharpur, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit the Cox’s Bazar beach, the longest natural beach in the world.
- Go on a wildlife safari in the Sundarbans mangrove forest, home to the Bengal tiger.
- Visit the Lalbagh Fort, a Mughal-era fort in Dhaka.
- Explore the Banares Hindu University Temple, a Hindu temple in Dhaka.
- Visit the Chittagong War Cemetery, a Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery in Chittagong.
- Take a stroll through the Ahsan Manjil palace in Dhaka, a 19th-century palace turned museum.
- Visit the Sixty Dome Mosque, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Bagerhat.
- Explore the Dhaka University campus, one of the oldest universities in Bangladesh.
- Visit the national assembly building, known as the Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban, in Dhaka.
- Take a trip to the Chittagong Hill Tracts, a mountainous region in the southeast of Bangladesh.
- Visit the Mahasthangarh, an ancient city and archaeological site in Bangladesh.
- Explore the Banares Hindu University Library, one of the largest libraries in Bangladesh.
- Visit the Sonargaon Panam City, a historical city in Bangladesh.
- Take a boat ride on the Ganges River and visit the Banares Hindu University Temple.
- Visit the Dhaka Central Shahid Minar, a national monument in Dhaka.
- Explore the Banares Hindu University Art Gallery, which features works by Bangladeshi artists.