To visit Bahrain, you will need to have a valid passport and potentially a visa, depending on your country of origin and the duration of your stay. You can check the requirements for your specific situation on the website of the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Once you have taken care of the necessary documents, you can book your flights and accommodations. Some of the top things to do in Bahrain include:
- Visit the Bahrain National Museum to learn about the country’s rich history and culture.
- Explore the ancient Qalat Al Bahrain, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Relax on the sandy beaches and try water sports at the Bahrain Beach Club.
- Take a stroll through the traditional markets, or souqs, in the capital city of Manama.
- Go camel racing at the Sakhir Camel Track.
- Visit the Al Khamis Mosque, one of the oldest mosques in the world.
- Go scuba diving or snorkelling in the crystal clear waters.
- Visit the Bahrain Fort, another UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Check out the Bahrain International Circuit, home to the Bahrain Grand Prix.
- Go birdwatching in the Hawar Islands.
- Visit the Tree of Life, a 400-year-old tree that stands alone in the desert.
- Relax in the lush gardens at the Al Areen Wildlife Park.
- Try local dishes such as machboos and shawarma at one of the many restaurants.
- Go shopping at the gold souq and pick up some souvenirs.
- Take a boat tour to see dolphins and other marine life.
- Visit the Bahrain Pearling Trail, a UNESCO World Heritage site that tells the story of the country’s pearling industry.
- Take a desert safari and try sandboarding.
- Visit the Bahrain World Trade Center and get a panoramic view of the city.
- Go horseback riding through the desert.
- Visit the Royal Camel Farm and learn about the importance of camels in the country’s history and culture.
I hope this helps give you some ideas for things to do during your trip to Bahrain!