Introduction to Argentina and Argentina itinerary 7 days on budget : Argentina is a South American country located in the southern cone of the continent. It is the eighth largest country in the world in terms of land area and is bordered by Chile to the west, Bolivia and Paraguay to the north, Brazil to the northeast, Uruguay and the South Atlantic Ocean to the east, and the Drake Passage to the south.
Argentina is known for its rich history and cultural heritage, diverse landscape, and its vibrant cities, such as the capital city of Buenos Aires. The country is also home to several world-renowned natural wonders, including the Iguazu Falls, the Andes Mountains, and the glaciers of Patagonia.
Argentine cuisine is a fusion of indigenous, Spanish, Italian, and French influences, and is known for its meat-centric dishes, such as asado (barbecue), empanadas, and chimichurri sauce. Tango, a dance originating in Buenos Aires, is a significant part of Argentine culture and is enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.
Argentina has a diverse economy, with a focus on agriculture, mining, and manufacturing, and is a major exporter of beef, soybeans, and wine. The country has a strong education system, with several world-renowned universities, including the University of Buenos Aires and the National University of Cordoba.
Overall, Argentina is a fascinating country with something to offer for everyone, from its rich cultural heritage and beautiful natural wonders, to its delicious cuisine and lively cities.
Argentina Itinerary 7 Days on a Budget: informations
- Arrival in Buenos Aires: Check into a budget-friendly hostel in the city center.
- Explore the city on foot and visit famous attractions such as Plaza de Mayo, the Obelisk, and the Teatro Colon.
- Enjoy an evening of Tango at a local milonga.
- Take a day trip to the Tigre Delta: Take a train from Retiro Station to Tigre and explore the delta on a boat tour.
- Return to Buenos Aires for a traditional Argentine BBQ dinner.
- Take a guided tour of La Boca neighborhood and visit the famous Caminito street.
- Visit the famous soccer stadium, Estadio Alberto J. Armando (La Bombonera).
- In the evening, enjoy a show at the tango theater.
- Travel to Mendoza: Take a flight or bus to Mendoza, the heart of Argentina’s wine country.
- Check into a budget-friendly hostel.
- Visit local wineries and sample some of the best Argentine wines.
- Take a day trip to Aconcagua Park: Visit the highest peak in the Americas, Mount Aconcagua.
- Return to Mendoza for a relaxing evening and dinner at a local restaurant.
- Travel to Cordoba: Take a flight or bus to Cordoba, the second largest city in Argentina.
- Explore the city on foot and visit the famous Jesuit Block, Cordoba Cathedral, and the Patio Olmos shopping center.
- In the evening, enjoy a traditional Argentine asado dinner.
- Departure from Cordoba: Return to the airport for your flight home.
Note: This itinerary is designed for those traveling on a budget, but there are many more attractions and experiences to be had in Argentina for those with more time or a larger budget.
Expense Plan for 7-Day Argentina Itinerary on a Budget:
- Buenos Aires: Budget-friendly hostel for 2 nights, costing approximately $20-30 per night.
- Mendoza: Budget-friendly hostel for 2 nights, costing approximately $20-30 per night.
- Cordoba: Budget-friendly hostel for 2 nights, costing approximately $20-30 per night. Total cost: $120-180
- Buenos Aires to Tigre Delta: Round-trip train ticket, approximately $5 per person.
- Buenos Aires to Mendoza: Round-trip flight or bus ticket, approximately $70-100 per person.
- Mendoza to Cordoba: Round-trip flight or bus ticket, approximately $70-100 per person. Total cost: $250-300
- Buenos Aires: Traditional Argentine BBQ dinner, approximately $20 per person.
- Mendoza: Wine tasting at local wineries and dinner at a local restaurant, approximately $30 per person.
- Cordoba: Traditional Argentine asado dinner, approximately $20 per person. Total cost: $90
- Buenos Aires: Tango show, approximately $30 per person.
- Cordoba: Visit to Jesuit Block and Cordoba Cathedral, free.
- Mendoza: Day trip to Aconcagua Park, approximately $40 per person. Total cost: $70
Total Estimated Cost: $530-580
Note: The cost of the expenses may vary depending on personal spending habits and the exchange rate at the time of travel. The above estimates are intended to provide a rough idea of the cost of traveling in Argentina on a budget.